The Marion County Sheriff’s Department is looking for two I.T. Help Desk Technicians for their Support Services Bureau. These are full-time positions located in Ocala, Florida reporting to the I.T. Director. The closing date for applications is Sunday, October 18, 2015.
The partial job description below has been taken from the official description on the Career Opportunities page of the Sheriff’s Office website. For full details or to apply for the position, please go to http://marionso.com/professional-compliance-bureau/personnel-division/career-opportunities/ to view this and all current opportunities with the agency.
Job Title: I.T. Help Desk Technician – Information Technologies
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 10/18/15 4:59 PM Eastern Time
$13.21 – $22.78 Hourly
$1,056.72 – $1,822.14 Biweekly
$2,289.57 – $3,947.97 Monthly
$27,474.80 – $47,375.69 Annually
Job Type: Full-time
Location: 692 NW 30th Avenue, Ocala, Florida 34475
Department: Support Services Bureau
Responsible for conducting the day-to-day operations of the Information Technology Help Desk. Assists users with technical support of any information technology software and/or hardware. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problems, and determines and implements solutions. Reports to the IT Director or other designated person and works with co-workers, employees, and vendors to support information systems.
- CompTIA ® Certifications preferred. Additional studies and certifications in desktop and applications support a plus. [A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications and preferences.]
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a diverse community.
- Able to follow instructions, work with or without supervision, and multi-task.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Physical agility to lift medium to heavy objects, and to stoop, bend, climb, and stretch while working on technology systems.
- Effective and efficient troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Must be reliable and possess good organizational skills.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and understanding the English language.
To view the full job description or to apply, please go to:
The Ocala I.T. Professionals helps to promote job leads and other career opportunities as a service to the businesses and individuals in the local I.T. community. If you follow up on a lead that you find here, please mention the Ocala I.T. Professionals as your source of the lead. If your business or organization is looking for I.T. talent in the Ocala / Marion County area, please contact us to find out how we can help you locate the right candidates.